Summer days by the pool have never tasted this good! A crisp mango salad with honey-glazed, paprika and chilli seasoned chicken kebab skewers.
- 1.3 kg chicken thigh fillets
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp grain mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 22 x 25cm-long bamboo skewers
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves trimmed
- 2 ripe mangoes, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, toasted (130 g)
- ½ cup creamy chilli salad dressing
- Trim and discard any excess fat from chicken. Cut into 2cm-wide strips.
- Combine juice, mustard, honey, paprika and chilli in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken. Toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, for 40 minutes to marinate. Thread evenly onto skewers.
- Heat a large oiled grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add skewers in three batches. Cook, turning regularly, for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Cover to keep warm.
- To make mango salad, arrange lettuce in a large serving bowl. Top with mangoes and nuts. Drizzle with dressing.
- Serve skewers with salad and lime wedges.
If you’re cooking skewers on the barbecue, soak them in a shallow bowl of cold water while the chicken is marinating. You can use your favourite salad dressing instead of the creamy chilli salad dressing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||20.2 g|
|- Sugars||18.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.0 g|