Zucchini, feta and pumpkin are combined and fried to make golden, crispy fritters, perfect for adding to salads, or having as a snack or starter
- 2 zucchini (300 g), trimmed
- 300 g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded
- 150 g Greek feta, crumbled
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Garden salad, to serve
- Coarsely grate zucchini and pumpkin. Using your hands, squeeze out excess moisture. Place in a large bowl with feta, flour, eggs and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add ¼ cup of the zucchini mixture. Smooth out to form an even circle. Repeat to make another three fritters.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden. Remove from pan and drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Repeat with remaining oil and zucchini mixture to make 12 fritters.
- Serve fritters warm with salad.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||6.0 g|
|- Sugars||1.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.5 g|