Delicious mozzarella cheese on spicy pancetta with seasoned chicken pieces.
- 4 chicken breast steaks (500 g)
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 4 spicy pancetta slices
- 200 g packet sliced mozzarella
- 550 g jar Italian tomatoes and grilled capsicum pasta sauce
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place a sprig of thyme and a slice of pancetta on top of each chicken steak. Press firmly.
- Heat a large, oiled non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken, pancetta-side facing down. Cook for about 1 minute on each side, or until lightly browned. Turn chicken over, with pancetta-side facing up. Place a halved cheese slice on top.
- Pour sauce into pan around chicken. Simmer, covered for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and cheese is melted.
- Serve with mixed leaves and garnish with thyme (optional).
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||13.3 g|
|- Sugars||11.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.7 g|