There's nothing better than a cafe-style banana bread. Now you can make your own portioned sized mini banana breads to take to work or pack in lunchboxes.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup traditional rolled oats
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Extra rolled oats, for sprinkling
- Fresh fruit, to serve (optional)
- Grease an 8-hole mini loaf pan (½-cup capacity).
- Combine sifted flour and cinnamon with sugar and oats in a large bowl. Add combined bananas, oil, yoghurt and eggs. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined (don’t over-mix).
- Divide mixture evenly among prepared pan holes. Sprinkle with extra oats.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve banana breads warm, or cold with fresh fruit.
Add 1 tbsp chia seeds to the mix for an extra boost of fibre.
Serve with milk, for strong bones. For the best flavour, use over-ripe bananas, as the starch in the fruit converts to sugar as they ripen. Buy bananas when they are on special and freeze for up to two months.
An answer to your problem is to make use of your freezer. These delicious mini banana breads freeze well and can be thawed at room temperature, or microwave on High for 1 minute.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||54.7 g|
|- Sugars||24.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g|