Add as much chilli as you can handle! These spicy garlic prawns are excellent starters or a great tapas idea.
- 36 raw peeled prawns, tails intact (750 g)
- ¼ cup garlic butter spread
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Sliced red chilli, to serve
- Cook prawns in three batches, cooking each batch in 1 tbsp of the spread. Melt spread in a large frying pan until bubbling. Add prawns. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 2 minutes, or until almost cooked. Remove.
- Return prawns to pan with sauce. Cook, stirring, over a high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until prawns are cooked and sauce is boiling. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide among serving dishes. Serve with lemon wedges and chilli.
For an added kick of chilli, add 1 sliced fresh red chilli to sauce. Garlic butter spread is available in the fridge section of large supermarkets. Try sprinkling with crumbled feta just before serving.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||22.9 g|
|- Sugars||9.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.4 g|