Try a new kind of kebab skewer with these prosciutto, zucchini and beef chipolata sausage sticks
- 16 beef chipolata sausages
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 16 x bamboo skewers (16cm)
- 1 packet baby spinach leaves, to serve
- tomato relish, to serve (optional)
- Place sausages in a stockpot. Cover with cold water. Bring to boil. Gently boil for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini lengthways into thin ribbons. Cut prosciutto slices in half lengthways.
- Wrap two zucchini ribbons and one piece of prosciutto around each sausage.
- Thread sausages onto skewers by inserting one skewer into end of sausage, then weave through the zucchini and prosciutto and back into sausage to secure.
- Heat a large, oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium to low heat. Add skewers in two batches. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, turning frequently, until browned and sausages are heated through.
- Serve skewers with baby spinach leaves and tomato relish (optional).
Try using pork or chicken chipolatas or chevaps. Perfect to prepare in advance, assemble skewers then refrigerate, covered, overnight. Make sure the skewers are cooked long enough for the sausages to be heated through.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||28.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||36.5 g|
|- Sugars||8.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.5 g|