- Serves 4
For Sunday baking with a difference, try this delicious, creamy, savoury pie. Better than a roast chook!
- 400 g skinless boneless chicken thigh fillets
- 2 small leeks, washed and sliced into small chunks
- 300 ml milk
- 50 g butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 150 ml pure cream
- 1 small bunch tarragon, chopped
- 350 g puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Put the chicken and leeks in a pan, pour over the milk and season well. Bring to a simmer, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool then strain off the milk and keep in a jug. Tip the chicken and leeks into a bowl and tear all the meat into rough chunks.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Sprinkle over the flour and cook, stirring for a few minutes. Gradually add the strained milk, stirring until you have a sauce. Add the mustard and cream and stir. Add the chicken, leeks and tarragon, then mix well. Leave to cool a little.
- Tip into a dish then roll out the pastry to cover the top. Glaze with the egg and make a vent in the middle of the pastry. Bake at 190C/fan 170C for 25-30 minutes until golden.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||26.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||51.7 g|
|- Sugars||6.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|