Delicious healthy salmon with an Asian twist.
- 4 x 140 g salmon fillets
- sunflower oil, for greasing
For the miso glaze
- 2 tsp brown miso paste
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce (or gluten-free alternative)
- 1 tsp Spanish smoked paprika
For the noodles
- 200 g dried rice noodles
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 25 g ginger, finely grated
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- 2 medium red chillies, thinly sliced
- 100 g beansprouts
- 1 small pack coriander chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Boil the noodles for 3 mins in a large pan, drain and rinse under cold water through a sieve and set aside to drain completely.
- Heat the grill to high. Mix together the miso paste, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and paprika to make the miso glaze and brush over the salmon fillets with a pastry brush. Lay the salmon skin side down on a greased baking tray and grill for 6-8 mins until just cooked through.
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the garlic, ginger, spring onions and chillies for a couple of mins until soft, then add the cooked noodles, beansprouts and coriander. Toss everything together until well combined and turn off the heat. To finish, stir the fish sauce into the stir-fried vegetables and noodles, then pile onto plates, topping with the salmon.
It’s best if the fish is grilled mediumrare, which is 50C in the centre – if you can, use a temperature probe.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.2 g|
|- Sugars||3.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.8 g|