Skip the bread and enjoy this BLT with lettuce instead.
- 2 tbsp half-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of golden caster sugar
- 198 g can sweetcorn, drained
- 55 g pack of cooked crispy bacon, broken into pieces (reserve 4 whole rashers) – or grill your own rashers
- 1 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 200C fan. Make the dressing in a small bowl – mix the mayo, mustard, lemon juice, sugar and some seasoning. Tip the sweetcorn onto a non-stick baking tray and roast in the oven for 10-15 mins until crispy and golden. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the bacon bits with the lettuce and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add the sweetcorn and coat in the creamy dressing. Divide into 4 portions and top each with a rasher of bacon. The salad will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days without the dressing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||15.7 g|
|- Sugars||7.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.1 g|