The saltiness of the goat's cheese, matched with the crisp zucchini and followed by the sweetness of the raisins makes this a pretty special refreshing salad.
- 25 g pine nuts
- 4 large zucchini, sliced (into ribbons with a veg peeler or spiralizer)
- lemon ½ juice and zest (save the other ½ for the dressing)
- 1 small loaf of sourdough or stale bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60 g bag baby kale
- 100 g goat's cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful mint leaves picked
- 25 g raisins
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and tip the pine nuts onto a baking tray. Put the zucchini ribbons in a large bowl with the juice and zest of ½ the lemon. Cut the sourdough into chunky dice and pop on the baking tray, next to the nuts. Drizzle with the oil and add plenty of seasoning.
- 2 Roast for about 5 mins until the pine nuts are golden and toasted, then remove from the baking tray and set aside. Return the croutons to the oven for a further 5-8 mins until golden.
- 3 Meanwhile, wash and dry the kale and add to the zucchini with the goat’s cheese, mint and raisins. Toss everything together.
- 4 Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients. Season well. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and then toss to coat.
- 5 Pile the salad onto a platter and scatter over the croutons, pine nuts and plenty of black pepper.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||74.5 g|
|- Sugars||18.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.5 g|