A BBQ isn’t complete without potato salad, and this version dates back to Scandinavian immigrants. The pickle and celery add a little crunch and extra flavour.
- 1.25 kg baby red potatoes
- 1 large red onion, halved and cut into thin half-moons
- 100 ml white wine vinegar
- 150 ml sour cream
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 gherkin, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- Put the potatoes in a pan of cold salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 mins or until tender and a knife goes in easily. Meanwhile, combine the onion and vinegar in a large bowl, cover and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pan, then stand for 5 mins to steam-dry. Slice them into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl with the onion and vinegar, season with salt to taste and toss to combine. Cover and chill until cold.
- Combine the soured cream, mayonnaise and mustard, then add to the cold potatoes with the celery, gherkin and dill. Stir with a spatula until well combined, taking care not to break up the potatoes too much. Season to taste, then chill for at least 1 hr before serving.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||26.7 g|
|- Sugars||5.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.0 g|