Recipe by: Tenina Holder
Always popular in our house, with or without the homemade rice noodles. Try it with chicken, it is equally as good, but needs less cooking time. The dressing is a killer dressing for any salad, lettuce never forget!
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh long red chilli
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only
- 5 cm piece fresh turmeric or 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 120 g coconut palm sugar
- 150 g Chinese black vinegar
- 20 g fish sauce
- 20 g sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 500 g minced pork
- ½ small cabbage, cut into pieces
- 2 - 3 spring onions
- ½ cup loosely packed coriander, leaves only
- ½ cup loosely packed mint, leaves only
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- ½ packet dried rice flat noodles
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Place all dressing ingredients into the Thermomix bowl. Blend 10 sec/speed 9. Remove most of the dressing from bowl and set aside.
- Add pepper and cornflour to bowl. Blend 6 sec/speed 6. Scrape down lid and sides of bowl.
- Place pork into Thermomix bowl. Mix through most of the dressing 3 sec/Reverse/speed 2. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes or longer if possible.
- Sauté pork 10 min/Varoma/Butterfly/speed 2. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- To prepare noodles, place into insulated serving bowl and cover with hot water for 5 minutes or until cooked. Drain before adding to salad.
- Place cabbage pieces (no more than 250g at a time) and spring onions into the Thermomix bowl with a little drizzle of dressing. Chop 4 sec/speed 4 with the aid of the spatula.
- Arrange on serving platter. Place pork on top, with noodles, herb leaves, bean sprouts and peanuts. Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve immediately with lime wedges.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||12.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||63.4 g|
|- Sugars||36.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.6 g|