Surprise family and friends with Create Bake Make's 3-ingredient coconut rough slice. The chocolatey delight will win fans with its delicious old-school charm.
1 ¼ cups shredded coconut, plus extra for dusting
400 g milk chocolate, broken into squares
395 g sweetened condensed milk
- Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper. Make sure you leave plenty of paper hanging over the sides of the tin to help you remove the fudge once it has set.
- Place the shredded coconut under a medium-high heat grill and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the coconut just starts to turn golden brown. Watch it carefully to make sure it doesn't burn. Set aside until needed.
- Place a medium saucepan over a low heat and add the condensed milk and milk chocolate pieces.
- Stir regularly for 10 minutes until chocolate is melted and ingredients are combined.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and working quickly, add 1 cup toasted coconut and mix to combine. Immediately pour the fudge into the prepared tin, working quickly to ensure fudge doesn’t seize. Sprinkle remaining coconut over the top. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours (preferably overnight), to set.
- Remove fudge from the fridge and cut into squares, before serving.