1 ½ cups buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 ¾ cups self-raising flour
2 tbsp caster sugar
melted unsalted butter, for greasing
fresh blueberries, to serve
maple syrup, to serve
Whipped cinnamon butter
125 g unsalted butter, softened
1 tbsp icing sugar mixture
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- To make cinnamon butter, beat butter, icing sugar and cinnamon in a bowl of an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Set aside.
- Place buttermilk, eggs and vanilla in a medium jug. Whisk until smooth.
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk in milk mixture until smooth.
- Heat a greased, large, nonstick frying pan with melted butter over a medium heat. Pour ¼ cup batter into pan. Repeat to make two hotcakes.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn over. Cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden underneath. Remove. Cover to keep warm. Repeat to make 12 hotcakes in total.
- Serve warm hotcakes with cinnamon butter and blueberries. Drizzle over maple syrup.