750 g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
2 Tbsp plain flour
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp Moroccan spice blend
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup apricot nectar
½ cup dried apricots
½ cup fresh coriander, plus extra to garnish
steamed couscous, to serve
- Toss chicken in flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned all over. Remove.
- Add remaining oil with onion to same hot pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add seasoning. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Return chicken to pan with stock, nectar and apricots. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Gently boil for 5 minutes. Uncover. Gently boil for a further 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in coriander.
- Serve with couscous. Garnish with extra coriander.