50 g butter, chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 ½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
½ cup macadamia nuts, toasted, finely chopped
⅓ cup soft dried apricots (80g), finely chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
½ tsp finely grated orange rind
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil cooking spray
roasted whole chicken
steamed green beans
- Melt butter in a medium nonstick frying pan over a medium heat until bubbling. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Transfer to a large bowl
- Add breadcrumbs, macadamias, apricots, egg, thyme and rind. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls (makes about 20). Place on a large, oiled oven tray. Spray with cooking oil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for about 20 minutes, or until a light golden brown.
- Serve with roasted chicken and steamed green beans.