4 x 200 g pork cutlets
¼ cup laksa paste
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
Chilli pineapple salad
2 small Lebanese cucumbers
2 x 300 g tubs chopped fresh pineapple (or ½ small pineapple, chopped)
⅓ cup finely shredded fresh mint
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 tsp chilli paste, mild
2 tsp ginger paste
- To make chilli pineapple salad, cut cucumbers in half lengthways. Using a teaspoon, scoop out seeds. Cut into thin slices. Combine with pineapple and mint in a large bowl.
- Combine vinegar, sauce, sugar, chilli and ginger in a small jug. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad. Toss to coat.
- Combine pork with paste in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil.
- Heat an oiled grill plate over a medium heat. Cook pork for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Serve pork cutlets with salad. Garnish with mint leaves.