It's a bacon and asparagus frittata that everyone will love – with inviting tasty cheese and fresh parsley, it's impossible to resist this scrumptious dinner.
1 onion, chopped
200 g bacon rashers, trimmed, cut into 2 cm slices
1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 4 cm lengths
1 cup grated tasty cheese
chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Lightly oil a 20cm round, ovenproof dish (6-cup capacity). Place on an oven tray
- Heat a lightly oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until onion is soft. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Snap off the woody end from each asparagus spear. Cut asparagus into 4cm lengths, separating the tips.
- Whisk eggs in a large jug until combined. Stir into bacon mix with asparagus lengths and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in parsley (optional).
- Pour into prepared dish. Scatter asparagus tips over the top.
- Cook in a hot oven (200°C) for about 25 minutes, or until just set and top is golden brown.
- Serve cut into wedges.