5 middle bacon rashers, rind removed, cut in half
2 x pizza bases (30cm)
⅔ cup barbecue sauce, plus extra to serve
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 cups grated pizza cheese blend
1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
wild rocket leaves, to serve
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add bacon in two batches. Cook, turning once, for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned. Remove. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Heat a barbecue grill plate to 200C.
- Place pizza bases on large oven trays. Combine sauce and garlic in a bowl. Divide over bases. Spread to cover. Sprinkle ½ cup cheese over each base. Divide onion, thyme and bacon over cheese.
- Slide pizzas onto heated barbecue plate. Crack eggs evenly over top. Sprinkle over remaining cheese. Close lid.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to your liking and bases are crisp.
- Serve with rocket and extra barbecue sauce.