Cheesecake is one of our all-time favourite desserts and while there is nothing wrong with a no-bake chilled cheesecake, this baked version is all kinds of delicious perfection.
250 g Nice biscuits
150 g butter, melted
500 g cream cheese, softened, room temperature
¾ cup caster sugar
3 tsp finely grated lemon rind, plus ¼ cup lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 160°C fan-forced.
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm round springform tin with baking paper.
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor (or use the end of a rolling pin) until they are finely crushed. Add the melted butter and mix to combine.
- Press the mixture over the base of the springform tin using the back of a metal spoon. Pop into the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the softened cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on a high speed until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the lemon juice and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the springform tin and bake in the oven for 50 minutes – don’t worry if it’s still a little wobbly in the centre, it will firm up
- Cool your cheesecake in the oven with the door slightly ajar until the oven has completely cooled. Transfer to the fridge for 4 hours (preferably overnight) or until chilled.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!