No need to shop for these tasty meals – just reach into your pantry!
1 Tbsp olive oil
200 g shortcut bacon, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
400 g jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
3 ½ cups chicken stock
2 cups medium-grain rice
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
2 Tbsp bottled basil pesto
baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Grease a large, ovenproof dish (14-cup capacity).
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add bacon and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in sauce and stock. Bring to boil. Stir in rice. Transfer to prepared dish. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese until just combined. Cover tightly with greased foil.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Discard foil.
- Dollop over pesto. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook for a further 5 minutes, or until rice is tender and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with rocket leaves.