This delicious ravioli is so cheesy that fans of Italian food will love it. The croutons add an extra crunch.
630 g frozen spinach and ricotta ravioli
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
400 g canned chopped tomatoes
⅓ cup pure cream
60 g bag fresh baby spinach leaves
1 ⅓ cups croutons
1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Cook ravioli according to packet directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in tomatoes with ½ cup water. Bring to boil. Simmer for about 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Stir in cream, then ravioli. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach.
- Spoon mixture into an ovenproof dish (8-cup capacity). Top with croutons. Sprinkle over cheese.
- Cook in a hot oven (200°c) for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve.