Sticky date is one of our very favourite flavours, and cheesecake is the ultimate dessert here at Foodiful HQ. This is perhaps one of our best combos to date!
1 ½ x 250 g packets butternut snap cookies
75 g unsalted butter, melted
1 cup finely chopped, pitted dates
½ cup water
2 x 250 g blocks cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
¾ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 cup sour cream
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
300 ml carton pure cream
100 g unsalted butter, chopped
- Invert base of a 24cm round springform pan (base measures 22cm). Grease base and side. Line base with baking paper.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press over base and three-quarters of the way upside of pan. Refrigerate.
- To make filling, place dates and water in a small saucepan. Bring to boil. Remove. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Whisk in sour cream. Fold in date mixture. Pour into crumb crust.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160°C) for about 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until just set. Turn off oven. Cool cheesecake in oven with door ajar. Refrigerate, covered, for 6 hours, or overnight until firm.
- To make sauce, stir all ingredients in a medium saucepan over a low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Bring to boil. Gently boil for about 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Serve cheesecake with warm sauce.