4 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
sweet chilli sauce, to serve
350 g beef mince
1 medium carrot, peeled coarsely shredded
½ cup frozen peas
⅓ cup dried breadcrumbs
⅓ cup finely chopped coriander
1 green spring onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
2 Tbsp hoisin stir-fry sauce
2 tsp fish sauce
- To make filling, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Cut 16cm x 12cm rounds from pastry sheets. Discard scraps.
- One at a time, place 2 tblsps of filling into the centre of each round, leaving a 2cm border. Brush edges with egg. Bring sides of pastry together to meet at the top. Pinch to seal.
- Place puffs on two large oven trays lined with baking paper. Brush with egg.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C), swapping trays halfway, for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot puffs with sweet chilli sauce.