600 g skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
Salt and peper, to taste
4 tomatoes halved crossways
⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
2 tbsp olive oil
1 ½ cups risoni
200 g fresh baby spinach leaves
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp honey
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place tomatoes, cut-side up, on an oiled oven tray. Top with combined breadcrumbs, parmesan, herbs and half the oil.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook risoni in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Combine with spinach and remaining oil. Stir until wilted.
- Heat an oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked. Remove chicken. Cool pan slightly.
- Add combined vinegar and honey to pan. Return to heat. Simmer until slightly thickened. Return chicken, turning to coat in glaze.
- Serve risoni with tomatoes, chicken and pan juices.