With real banana and honey mixed into the batter, these pancakes have big flavour! You can make these up to three days ahead, so they're great for lunch boxes.
1 small banana (125g), mashed
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp honey
1 ¼ cups self-raising flour
melted, unsalted butter, for greasing
Extra honey, to serve
- Combine banana, buttermilk, egg and honey in a medium jug.
- Place flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk in banana mixture until smooth.
- Heat a greased, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spoon 1 tblsp of mixture into pan. Repeat to make five pikelets.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles begin to appear on the surface. Turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until browned underneath. Remove. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 20 pikelets in total.
- Serve warm or cold pikelets drizzled with extra honey.