1 ½ cups self-raising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 cup buttermilk
3 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
25 g unsalted butter, melted
⅓ cup mashed ripe banana
extra melted unsalted butter, for greasing
sliced banana to serve
honey, caramel and macadamia ice-cream, to serve
chopped toasted pecans, to serve
300 ml tub thickened cream
¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
¼ cup golden syrup
50 g unsalted butter, chopped
- Sift flour, cinnamon and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Place buttermilk, eggs, butter and banana in a large jug. Whisk until combined. Add to flour mixture. Whisk until smooth. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce. Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Gently boil for about 15 minutes, or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Grease with extra butter. Spoon ¼ cup of batter into pan. Repeat to make another two pancakes.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles begin to appear. Turn over. Cook for a further 2 minutes, or until browned. Remove. Cover to keep warm. Repeat to make 12 pancakes.
- Serve pancakes with sliced banana and ice-cream. Drizzle with sauce. Sprinkle with pecans.