2 x 250 g brown rice
2 x 220 g beef Scotch fillet steaks, trimmed
3 tsp steak seasoning
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 bunches fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
130 g punnet truss tomatoes, sliced
180 g bag mixed leaf salad
⅓ cup honey mustard dressing, plus extra for drizzling
- Heat the rice according to directions on the packet. Transfer contents to a large bowl then cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, toss the beef in with the seasoning and oil.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat, then add in the beef. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium, or cook to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, add asparagus to a medium pan of boiling water. Simmer, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Add asparagus to rice with beef, tomatoes, salad leaves and dressing. Toss the salad well.
- Serve salad with extra dressing.