375 g farfalle pasta
¼ cup olive oil
500 g beef stir-fry strips
1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
3 tsp smoked paprika
400 g canned diced tomatoes
½ cup drained canned fire-roasted capsicum strips
1 beef stock cube, crumbled
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
sour cream to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tblsps of the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add beef in two batches. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 minute, or until browned. Remove.
- Add remaining oil and onion to same pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, over a medium heat, until soft. Add paprika. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, capsicum and combined stock cube and ½ cup water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Simmer, uncovered, for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Return beef. Cook for a further 2 minutes, or until beef is cooked. Stir in parsley.
- Serve over pasta with sour cream.