½ x 1 kg bag frozen shoestring fries
4 x 200 g beef porterhouse steaks
salt and pepper to taste
steamed broccolini to serve
Tomato basil sauce
2 Tbsp olive oil
⅓ cup tomato paste
3 cloves garlic, crushed
4 vine-ripened truss tomatoes, chopped
½ cup fresh basil, torn
- Cook fries according to packet directions. Remove.
- Meanwhile, season beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled, large chargrill plate over a medium to high heat. Add beef. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- To make sauce, heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add paste and garlic. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes. Gently boil, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft. Remove from heat. Stir in basil. Season.
- Spoon sauce over beef. Serve with fries and broccolini.