Take five ingredients and you have a delicious, cafe-style quiche
2 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
250 g packet ready-cooked beetroot, quartered
150 g tub roasted red capsicum, pecorino, cashew and basil dip
4 free-range eggs
1 cup pure cream
- Grease a 25cm round loose-base flan tin and place it on an oven tray.
- Place one sheet of pastry on a clean surface. Place remaining sheet on top at a different angle (star-shaped). Roll out until large enough to line prepared tin. Lift into tin. Trim, allowing pastry to extend 2mm above edge of tin.
- Cover the pastry with a sheet of baking paper. Fill the base with dried beans or raw rice.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans. Cook a further 5 minutes, or until light golden. Remove from oven. While still warm, use a clean tea towel to gently press pastry down to flatten. Cool pie base in the tin.
- Arrange beetroot quarters over the cooled pastry. Dollop over the dip. Whisk eggs and cream together in a large jug. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over beetroot and dip.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 35 minutes, or until golden and set. Remove.
- Stand quiche in the pan for 10 minutes. Serve with fresh rocket leaves (optional).