With the help of an ice-cream machine (it can be made without one, too!), this peach and bellini ice-cream recipe will become a summer entertaining go-to.
1 cup caster sugar
4 ripe peaches, halved
½ cup prosecco, plus extra to serve
- Place 2 cups of water in a saucepan and add the sugar. Bring slowly to the boil, stirring occasionally, to dissolve the sugar.
- Add peaches and simmer for 10–15 minutes or until very tender. Using a slotted spoon, remove peaches and leave to cool. Reserve the poaching liquid.
- Peel peaches and remove stones. Place flesh in a blender and blend until smooth. Add reserved poaching liquid and prosecco and blend briefly.
- Pour into an ice-cream machine (see tips, below) and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. When almost frozen, whisk eggwhite for about 20 seconds until frothy, add to ice cream and churn until frozen.
- To serve, scoop into chilled glasses or glass bowls and pour over prosecco immediately before serving.