If you’re sick of paying $5 or more for a slice of something sweet to go alongside your coffee at your local cafe, this easy coconut bread recipe is for you!
1 ⅓ cups caster sugar
175 g unsalted butter softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
200 ml coconut milk
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
½ cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line the base and sides of a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place the caster sugar and butter into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs one at a time, mixing well on low speed after each addition.
- Add the coconut milk, self-raising flour and desiccated coconut and mix on a medium speed until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf tin you prepared earlier and bake for 50-55 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer (when skewer inserted into loaf comes out clean).