Pretty dessert pots will make a very delicious finish to a very special meal. With fresh blackberries, these creamy pots are bursting with juicy flavour.
2 x 125 g punnets fresh blackberries
2 tsp powdered gelatine
2 tbsp water
2 egg yolks
¼ cup caster sugar
¾ cup thickened cream
1 cup Greek yoghurt, plus extra to serve
Extra fresh blackberries, to decorate
- Process blackberries in a food processor until smooth. Strain through a sieve. Discard seeds. You will need 2/3 cup berry puree.
- Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small heatproof jug sitting in a small pan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine is dissolved. Remove. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat yolks and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until thick and pale. Add cream. Beat until thickened. Fold in yoghurt, berry puree and gelatine.
- Pour into four serving glasses (1-cup capacity). Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight, until set.
- Serve with extra yoghurt. Decorate with extra blackberries.