If you love your scone afternoon teas, try this scone recipe with a twist! Warm blueberry scones with white chocolate, crumble and melt as you devour them…
2 cups self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tbsp white sugar
½ cup pure cream
½ - ⅔ cup milk
⅔ cup frozen blueberries
½ cup white chocolate melts
Extra 2 tsp white sugar
Spreadable butter, to serve
- Grease and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Combine sifted flour and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add cream and ½ cup of the milk. Using a flat-bladed knife, gently stir to form a sticky dough, gradually adding extra milk, if needed. Add berries and chocolate. Stir with knife until just combined.
- Turn out onto a bench lightly dusted with extra flour. Very gently knead to form a smooth, soft dough. Gently pat dough into an 18cm round, 3cm thick. Transfer to prepared oven tray. Using a sharp knife, score dough into eight wedges. Sprinkle with extra sugar.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 35 minutes, or until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cover with a clean tea towel. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm scone wedges with butter.