Skip the deli meat – these jaffles are filled with delicious saucy bolognese and gooey cheese. You don't even need a jaffle maker to make these crowd pleasers.
8 large slices white bread
50 g butter, softened
8 slices tasty cheese
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
350 g beef mince
400 g bolognese pasta sauce
1 Tbsp tomato sauce
- To make bolognese, heat oil in a medium, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add beef. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Stir in both sauces. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove. Cool slightly.
- Spread half the bread slices evenly with half the butter. Turn over, butter-side down. Divide bolognese evenly over top. Spread to edges. Top each with two cheese slices.
- Spread remaining butter over remaining bread. Place butterside up, over cheese.
- Place two sandwiches in a heated jaffle maker. Close lid. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until toasted. Remove. Cut in half. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.