Fold fruit, nuts and sweets into vanilla ice-cream, then pipe meringue over the top and give it a golden glow with a blowtorch.
cooking spray, to grease
4 litres vanilla ice-cream
green food colouring gel, to tint
3 x 55 g chocolate-covered Turkish delight, finely diced
100 g mini marshmallows
80 g honeycomb chocolate snack bars, roughly chopped
2 Tbsp slivered pistachios
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 quantity swiss meringue (see linked recipe)
- Grease a 20cm square cake tin with cooking oil spray. Line with plastic wrap. Remove 2L of vanilla ice-cream from freezer and set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Transfer to a large bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until just smooth. Add a little food colouring to tint light green and beat again until colour is consistent. Pour into prepared tin and smooth the surface. Cover surface with a sheet of baking paper and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Line a large tray (make sure it will fit in your freezer) with baking paper. Turn out ice-cream onto a chopping board. Using a 5.5cm star cookie cutter, cut out 10 stars from ice-cream slab and put on prepared tray. Freeze stars for 2 hours to firm up and return green ice-cream offcuts to freezer for another use.
- Grease a 24 x 13 x 6.5cm loaf tin with cooking oil spray. Line base and sides with 1 large piece of plastic wrap, then line the base and long sides with 1 large piece of baking paper. Remove remaining vanilla ice-cream from freezer and set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Transfer to a large bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until very smooth. Fold in Turkish delight, mini mallows, honeycomb and pistachios.
- Fold in raspberries.
- Spoon a third of ice-cream mixture into prepared loaf tin.
- Working quickly, arrange green ice-cream stars down the centre in a tightly packed row.
- Cover stars with remaining ice-cream mixture. Tap tin on bench to remove any air bubbles, smooth the surface and return to freezer for 6 hours or overnight. Meanwhile, make Swiss meringue.
- Turn out ice-cream loaf onto a heatproof platter, then remove plastic wrap and baking paper. Spoon meringue into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm star nozzle. Pipe meringue Bombe alaska with hidden star centre kisses over ice-cream, in neat rows, until completely coated. Return to freezer for 1 hour.
- Use a kitchen blowtorch (from kitchenware stores) to lightly brown all over. Serve immediately.