With a 2-ingredient raspberry sauce, this French toast is topped with fruity flavours. Vanilla ice-cream melts into the brioche bread and tastes delicious.
400 g unsliced brioche loaf
½ cup milk
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
50 g butter
vanilla ice-cream, to serve
2 cups frozen raspberries (300g), thawed
¼ cup caster sugar
- To make sauce, place all ingredients in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a simmer. Transfer to a small bowl. Cool.
- Trim ends off brioche loaf. Cut into 6 x 3cm-thick slices.
- Place eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Whisk well.
- Place one slice of brioche into egg mixture. Drain off excess. Transfer to a tray. Repeat with remaining brioche.
- Melt half the butter in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat until butter starts to foam. Add half the brioche. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter and brioche.
- Serve French toast topped with ice-cream. Drizzle over raspberry sauce.