Topped with Malteser bunnies, these cute Easter treats will be a hit with the kids. Using any cupcake mix of choice, kids will love helping you decorate.
490 g vanilla cupcake mix
¾ cup shredded coconut
12 Mars milk chocolate covered malt bunnies, to decorate
250 g unsalted butter, chopped at room temperature
1 ¼ cups icing sugar mixture
green food colouring paste, to tint
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3-cup capacity) with paper cases.
- Reserve icing sachet from cupcake mix for another use. Prepare cupcake mix according to packet directions. Divide evenly among paper cases.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Stand in pan 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- To make frosting, beat butter in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, ½ cup at a time, beating until well combined. Tint green with colouring.
- Place coconut in a medium snap-lock bag. Add a few drops of colouring. Seal and shake bag, rubbing coconut through plastic until coated.
- One at a time, evenly spread frosting over cupcakes. Rotate edge of cupcakes in coconut. Top with bunnies.