This fried chicken wing recipe gives others a run for their money! Chicken is crispy on the outside and succulent on the inside... yum!
8 chicken wings
1 cup buttermilk
¾ cup plain flour
3 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp sea salt flakes
pepper, to taste
vegetable oil, plus extra for shallow frying
mixed salad leaves, to serve
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tbsps lemon juice
1 tbsp chilli sauce
- Place chicken in a shallow dish. Pour over buttermilk. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Combine our, powder and salt in a bowl. Season with pepper. Mix well.
- Toss one chicken wing at a time into flour mixture. Shake off excess.
- Heat enough oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium to high heat to shallow-fry. Add chicken in two batches. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned all over. Transfer to an oiled rack sitting over a large oven tray.
- Cook in a hot oven (200°c) for about 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- To make chilli sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Serve chicken with sauce and salad leaves (optional).