2 tbsp olive oil
4 bacon rashers thinly sliced (250 g)
1 small french breadstick thinly sliced
500 g uncrumbed chicken schnitzels
2 small cos lettuce washed, leaves separated
4 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
50 g shaved Parmesan to garnish
1 cup mayonnaise (240 g)
1 garlic clove peeled
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese (25 g)
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- To make dressing, place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until browned and crisp. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Reserve oil in pan.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add bread to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden. Remove. Wipe pan clean.
- Toss chicken in remaining oil. Heat same frying pan. Cook chicken, in three batches, for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Remove. Thickly slice. Cover to keep warm.
- To serve, cut lettuce into large pieces. Place in a large bowl with bacon, croutons, eggs and dressing. Toss to coat. Top with chicken. Garnish with shaved parmesan.