1 ½ Tbsp onion powder
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp mustard powder
750 g frozen shoestring fries
½ cup finely grated Parmesan
4 x 200 g thick beef sirloin steaks
guacamole, to serve
2 vine-ripened tomatoes, finely chopped
½ small red onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp lime juice
½ cup chopped fresh coriander
salt and pepper, to taste
- To make Salsa Fresca, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Combine onion powder, paprika and mustard powder in a separate small bowl.
- Place fries on a large oven tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with 3 tsps of the spice mixture. Reserve remaining.
- Cook fries in a very hot oven (220C) for about 25 minutes, or until golden and crisp, turning halfway through. Remove. Sprinkle with parmesan. Return to oven for a further 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle reserved spice mixture over beef. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled chargrill plate over a medium to high heat. Add beef. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove and rest, by loosely covering with foil for 5 minutes.
- Serve sliced beef with Salsa Fresca, guacamole and fries.