2 x 200 g packets lattice biscuits
2 tsp powdered gelatine
1 Tbsp instant coffee granules
¼ cup water
250 g block cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
¾ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup thickened cream
cocoa powder, to decorate
1 tsp instant coffee granules
1 Tbsp boiling water
1 tsp honey
¾ cup icing sugar mixture
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above the pan edges.
- Set aside 40 biscuits. Reserve remaining biscuits for another use. Arrange 20 of the biscuits, glazed-side up, over base of the prepared pan, trimming neatly to fit.
- Sprinkle gelatine and coffee over water in small heatproof jug. Sit jug in a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine is dissolved. Remove. Cool for 10 minutes, but don’t allow to set.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the coffee mixture. Add the cream and beat until soft peaks form.
- Spoon mixture over biscuits in the pan. Spread evenly. Arrange remaining 20 biscuits, glazed-side up, over the top, trimming neatly to fit. Cover. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight until set.
- To make icing, dissolve coffee in boiling water in a bowl. Stir in the honey. Add sugar. Stir until smooth. Pour over slice. Spread evenly to cover. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, or until icing is set.
- Lift the slice out of the pan onto a chopping board. Dust with sifted cocoa. Cut into squares to serve.