This delicious brown rice dish is packed with vegies – capsicum, tomato and peas make this extra flavoursome and a perfect addition to dinner.
450 g brown rice
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 small red onions, coarsely chopped
1 yellow capsicum, chopped
3 tsp smoked paprika
400 g arrabiata sauce
400 g canned kidney beans, drained, rinsed
½ cup water
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup frozen peas
- Heat rice for 1 minute according to packet directions.
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and capsicum. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, until soft. Add paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add rice to pan with sauce, beans and water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Cover with lid.
- Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Add peas. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for a further 2 minutes, or until peas are tender.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve immediately