Apple and caramel is an unbeatable combination, and the extra crunch in this recipe really takes the cake. Sink your teeth into a new dessert experience.
6 Golden Delicious apples
50 g unsalted butter, chopped
½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
⅔ cup pure cream
½ x 250 g packet ginger nut biscuits
vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Peel and core apples. Cut apples into quarters.
- Melt butter in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add apples and sugar. Cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cream. Bring to boil. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until apples are tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, place biscuits in a large, snap-lock bag. Seal. Gently pound with a rolling pin until coarsely crushed.
- Sprinkle biscuits over apples in pan. Serve with vanilla ice-cream (optional).