Take five ingredients and enjoy these little treats with a coffee at any time of day.
250 g packet butternut snap cookies
¾ cup double-thick custard
½ cup caramel spread
¾ cup thickened cream, whipped
½ x 250 g punnet fresh strawberries, hulled, sliced
- Grease 11 holes of a 12-hole round-based patty pan (1½-tablespoon capacity).
- Place 11 cookies on an oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 3 minutes, or until soft. Remove. One at a time, carefully press a cookie, base-side up, into each prepared pan hole. Stand for 5 minutes. Remove. Repeat with remaining 10 cookies.
- Combine custard and half the caramel in a bowl. Mix well. Spoon a heaped teaspoon into each biscuit case. Dollop with cream. Top with strawberries.
- Place remaining caramel in a small microwave-proof bowl. Microwave on High (100 per cent) for about 15 to 20 seconds, or until warm.
- Drizzle warm caramel over tarts.