Thought rocky road was for Christmas? Think again! Create Bake Make has the perfect Easter treat with crunchy pretzels, gooey marshmallows and chocolate eggs.
190 g packet candy-coated speckled crispy chocolate mini eggs
2 x 125 g packets mini caramel-filled chocolate eggs, foil wrappers removed
100 g marshmallows
1 cup mini pretzels (salted)
200 g milk chocolate, broken into squares
- Line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper, leaving plenty hanging over the edges. Set aside.
- Count out 8 candy-coated mini chocolate eggs and set aside to use later.
- Place remaining candy-coated mini chocolate eggs into a large mixing bowl with caramel-filled eggs, marshmallows, and pretzels.
- Place broken milk chocolate it into a microwave safe bowl. Cook on high for 30 second spurts (stirring in between) until the chocolate has almost melted. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the chocolate until it has completely melted.
- Working quickly, pour the melted chocolate into the large bowl with all of the other ingredients and mix with a large spoon until all the ingredients are covered with melted chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and use a spoon to gently spread the mixture evenly in the tin. Place a few of the reserved mini eggs on top.
- Place the rocky road into the fridge to chill for 2 hours, or until the chocolate has set.
- Use the overhanging baking paper to carefully remove the rocky road from the cake tin and using a warmed sharp knife (hold it under hot running water), cut into pieces.