Indulge in this chocolatey caramel treat – it's one you won't want to share!
200 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
200 g unsalted butter, chopped
1 cup caster sugar
3 free-range eggs
¾ cup plain flour
2 Tbsp self-raising flour
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
¼ cup salted caramel dessert sauce
2 x 50 g crunchie bars, coarsely chopped
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending 2cm above edges.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove bowl from pan.
- Stir sugar into warm chocolate mixture. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, one at a time, into chocolate mixture. Add combined sifted flours and cocoa. Whisk until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Spread evenly.
- Drizzle caramel evenly over top. Sprinkle with chocolate bars.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 45 minutes, or until just firm to touch. Remove. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To serve, lift brownie out of pan. Cut into squares.