1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, cut into wedges
2 cloves garlic, crushed
600 g cauliflower, cut into florets
2 zucchini, thinly sliced
2 tbsp ground cumin
2 tbsp paprika
400 g canned crushed tomatoes
2 cups vegetable stock
Salt and pepper, to taste
chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
Apricot and almond couscous
1 ½ cups couscous
½ cup chopped dried apricots
½ cup chopped roasted almonds
2 tbsp lemon juice
- To make couscous, bring 2¼ cups water to boil in a large saucepan. Add couscous. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep, nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add cauliflower, zucchini, cumin and paprika. Cook, stirring, until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Gently boil, covered, for about 10 minutes, or until cauliflower is just tender. Cook, uncovered, for a further 5 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add apricots, almonds and juice to couscous in bowl. Stir to combine.
- Serve couscous with tagine. Garnish with parsley.