Is it a cheesecake or is it a cookie? Either way, these 5-ingredient biscuits with a hint of cinnamon are extra special served warm as after school treats.
¼ cup cinnamon sugar
375 g cream cheese, room temperature
1 ¼ cups caster sugar
2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
2 ½ cups self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Lightly grease and line 2 large flat baking trays with baking paper. Place cinnamon sugar on a plate and set aside.
- Place the cream cheese in a large size mixing bowl and beat with electric beaters until smooth. Add the caster sugar and beat for 2-3 minutes. Add eggs and beat until well combined. Sift over the flour and stir to combine.
- Shape 1 tbsp portions of the cookie mixture into balls and roll in cinnamon sugar. Place onto the prepared baking trays. You’ll need to do this in 2 batches, allowing 12 cookies per tray so they have room to spread as they cook.
- Bake first two trays for 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are firm when pushed with a finger. Allow baked cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the tray. Then pop onto a rack to cool completely.
- Repeat rolling and baking steps for the remaining cookie mixture. Allow snickerdoodles to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.